90% less plastic waste with the CellScrew®!
The CellScrew® is a novel single-use cell culture device with a high growth area to volume ratio. It can simply be used in any bottle or tube roller. The TC-treated surface of the CellScrew® is suitable for the cultivation of demanding adherent cell lines (e.g. HEK-293 or MSCs). It is made from plant derived polylactic acid (PLA) by an additive manufacturing process. By this, we were able to reduce its carbon footprint ~ 90% when compared to standard single-use cell culture dishes.
Your advantages with the CellScrew®
- Reduced manufacturing costs: The large growth area, intensified processes and ease of handling reduce labor costs and required manufacturing space.
- Reduced time to market: As the CellScrew® can be applied from lab scale to manufacturing scale, no additional process development is necessary to scale-up.
- Reduced environmental impact: Your CO₂ emission is reduced by more than 90% using the CellScrew®, compared to conventional multilayer flasks.
Available in multiple sizes
Cell Culture Area
|800 - 1,000 mL|
|CS6K||6,000 cm²||500 - 600 mL|
The world’s most sustainable cell culture system made from plant-based PLA
Working as researchers in academia and the industry, it is shocking to see the enormous amount of single-use plastic waste accumulating.
To tackle this challenge, Green Elephant Biotech set out to provide a simple cultivation device with better growth area to volume ratio made from renewable material. And now the innovation is here: the CellScrew®!
How to use the CellScrew®
- CellScrew® CS6K Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- CellScrew® CS10K Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- Application Note: Process Engineering Characterization - Mixing Time and Oxygen Transfer Coefficient
Ilex Life Sciences is an official distributor of Green Elephant Biotech products, including the CellScrew®.