The Biocolor Sircol™ INSOLUBLE Collagen Assay is a dye binding method for the analysis of insoluble collagen fibres.
The assay can be used to assess the rate of production of newly laid down collagen fibres during periods of rapid growth, development, tissue repair, remodeling and wound healing. Sources of material includes tissues, bone and calcified tissue.
- It replaces the conventional hydroxyproline analysis. No more working with concentrated acids or alkalis!
- The Sircol Insoluble Assay uses mild acid and temperature treatment for 2 to 3 hrs.
- The solubility conversion to denatured collagen and subsequent measurement can be completed within one working day.
- The ratio of soluble and insoluble collagens can be measured using the same Sircol Dye Reagent.
Collagen Sources and Choice of Sircol Assay
10 µgAssay Run Time
In the links below you will find the Sircol™ Soluble Collagen Assay protocol, publications that reference the Sircol™ Soluble Collagen Assay, and the Sircol™ Soluble Collagen Assay MSDS.
Want to learn more about collagen? We have compiled the links below that contain information which you may find interesting.
- The Collagen Family
- Collagen In Wound Healing
- Collagen Assembly at the Cell Surface: Dogmas Revisited
- Natural Biomaterials and Their Use as Bioinks for Printing Tissues
- Additive Biomanufacturing with Collagen Inks
- Collagen Mimetic Peptides
- The role of collagen in cancer: from bench to bedside
- Collagen of Extracellular Matrix from Marine Invertebrates and Its Medical Applications
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of Biocolor products.