3-D Life Biomimetic Hydrogels: Cell Environment Design at Your Fingertips
3-D Life Technology
The 3-D Life technology is an integrated system for the generation of biomimetic hydrogels used in 3D cell culture. The 3-D Life system consists of two polymers that form a hydrogel by covalent crosslinking at ambient temperature. The chemical reaction is non-toxic to cells and occurs rapidly, preventing cell settlement before the gel is formed.
- Defined composition of biologically inert synthetic polymers and biopolymers
- User-controlled biomimetic modifications (e.g. peptides, proteins)
- Robust gel formation and handling
- Wide range of ligand density (up to 5 mmol/l)
- Tunable gel stiffness
- Protease-free dissolution of gels for easy cell recovery
- PVA or Dextran Polymer: PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) is a biochemically stable polymer providing long lasting hydrogel stability for long-term cell cultures. Dextran hydrogels can be dissolved by Dextranase (see Accessories) for a protease-free cell recovery.
- CD, PEG, or HA Crosslinker: Choose between a cell-degradable (CD) crosslinker, a non-degradable (PEG) crosslinker, or hyaluronic acid (HA) crosslinker.
- Fast or Slow Gelling: Choose between fast gelling (FG) and slow gelling (SG) hydrogels to adapt the set-up of hydrogels to your experimental requirements.
The 3-D Life product line represents the most flexible hydrogel system for biomimetic hydrogel design, from pre-configured gels to single components for individual gel compositions.Ready-To-Go Hydrogel Kits
Ready-To-Go hydrogels are preconfigured in their composition. They contain defined biomimetic functions and are designed for ease of use.
These Kits provide the highest flexibility in designing biomimetic hydrogels: hydrogel stiffness, attachment of adhesion peptides, matrix metalloprotease degradability, protease-free gel dissolution for cell recovery can all be chosen independently from one another.
Thiol-reactive polymers and crosslinkers are available as single reagents for the most individualized applications or for the extension of Hydrogel Kits or the replenishment of components in used kits.
3-D Life Peptides contain cell adhesion motifs of extracellular matrix proteins for the biomimetic modification of hydrogels to introduce specific cell adhesion functionality.
This product category includes reagents that complement the Ready-to-design Hydrogel Kits.
- 3-D Life Hydrogel User Guide
- 3-D Life Hydrogels User Applications
- 3-D Life Hydrogels Product References
- Overview of Hydrogel Matrix Stiffness
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Cellendes GmbH products.