Gelacell™ is a unique, 3D microfibrous scaffold specifically engineered for advanced in vitro 3D cell culture and tissue engineering applications. Designed as a non-woven, highly porous scaffold, Gelacell™ offers exceptional biocompatibility and non-toxicity across a variety of cell types.
The flagship product of Gelatex Technologies is a 24-well plate containing circular scaffolds made from pharmaceutical grade poly-L-lactide (PLLA) that are fixed to PET discs. This format offers a straightforward visual imaging of cells directly from the well plate. Tailored for the cultivation of complex systems like organoids, cell microenvironments, and tissue regeneration, Gelacell™ also makes a robust platform for drug screening and other cell culture investigations. The scaffold’s optimized design ensures thermal, chemical, and mechanical stability, while providing substantial swelling capabilities and porosity for efficient nutrient diffusion and cellular waste build up prevention.
- 3D architecture with a substantial available surface area.
- Minimal modifications required for transitioning from 2D to 3D culture.
- Stable mechanical properties.
- Scaffolds are affixed to transparent, inert discs for easy handling.
- Porous structure promotes cell migration and efficient diffusion of nutrients, solutes, and gases.
- Compatibility with a variety of cell lines and culture conditions.
- Direct analysis of cell morphology and behavior under a fluorescence microscope.
- Sterilized by Gamma irradiation and remains sterile until the pack is opened.
- Storage at room temperature.
|Polymer||Poly-L-lactide (PLLA), also known as Poly-L-lactic acid, pharmaceutical grade|
|Format||24-well plate containing 24 circular scaffolds fixed to PET discs
|Appearance (swelled in water/PBS)||White (translucent)|
|Fiber Orientation||Randomly aligned in a 3D morphology|
|Fiber Appearance||straight to curly|
|Fiber Diameter||2.0 μm - 2.6 μm|
|Thickness||137 μm - 200 μm|
|Area Density||4 g/m^2 - 5 g/m^2|
|Absorptivity in PBS (pH 7.4 at 37°C)||806% ± 66% (The material was kept soaked for 24 hours in PBS at 37°C)|
|Degradation (in PBS at 37°C)||Neglible|
|pH (of PBS solution after 24 hours)||7.4 – 7.5, without observable changes|
|% Elongation||25% ± 2.78%|
|Modulus||1046 kPa ± 157 kPa|
|Ultimate stress||190 kPa ± 22 kPa|
|Country of Origin||Estonia|
Storage & Stability
Sterility and performance properties are maintained when stored at room temperature, with a shelf life of two years from the date of manufacture.
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Gelatex Technologies' Gelacell™ products.