Human Serum Albumin (HSA) is a proven substitute to animal serum in artificial media due to HSA’s superior chemical definition, control and regulatory acceptance. Human Serum Albumin serves as additive protein for tissue cultures. It is added to cell culture media to increase the stability of cell membranes and to bind possibly toxic elements. It also binds bilirubin and hormones.
Due to their free hydrophobic region, fatty acid free albumin is used to solubilize lipids in tissue culture. It is also used as a blocking agent in Western blots or ELISA technique and is also an effective cryoprotectant.
- Fatty acid (FA)-free
- FA-free HSA allows for strict control of FAs in cell culture.
- FA-free HSA maximizes binding sites for the use of specific fatty acids in cell culture.
- Highly purified product absent of chemical and microbial contamination.
- Manufactured under conditions certified to ISO 9001.
- Each donor unit used in the preparation of the product was tested and found negative for Anti-HIV 1/2 and Anti-HCV and nonreactive for HBsAg, HIV-1 Antigen and RPR with kits approved by the FDA.
CAS Registry Number
Fatty Acid Content
Fatty acid free.
Not protease free.
Store at 2-8°C.
This product is intended for Laboratory Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. This product may not be used as a pharmaceutical or veterinary drug, agricultural product, or food additive.
Albumin, ALB, Fatty acid-free HSA, FA-free HSA
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of PAN-Biotech GmbH.