Provinase™ is a genetically engineered endonuclease enzyme from Serratia marcescens that is expressed in E. coli. It is a dimer of 30 kDa subunit with two disulphide bonds and it attacks and digests all forms of DNA and RNA. Provinase™ endonuclease acts only on nucleic acids and does not interact with proteins and other biomolecules.
Provinase™ is GMP manufactured in a certified facility with animal component free certified raw materials.
Provinase™ is used in nucleic acid removal applications in manufacturing of biotechnology products such as:
- Viruses and virus like particles in vaccines.
- Viral vectors and lentivirus for gene/cell therapies and oncolytic vaccines.
- Viscosity reduction in cell lysates.
- Sample preparation in electrophoretic and chromatography techniques.
- Prevention of cell clumping.
Provinase™ is tested in cell cultures (HEK293) for removal of nucleic acids. Recommended to use in the range of 10 to 50 U/ml of cell culture harvest based on cell density and viscosity.
- High purity (≥ 99%).
- High endonuclease activity (> 250 U/μl).
- No detectable protease activity.
- Endotoxin, microbial, and mycoplasma tested.
- Compendial (such as USP) excipients.
- TSE/BSE and animal component-free raw materials.
- Manufacturing process is free from antibiotics, melamine, casein, gluten and allergens.
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2015 and GMP certified facility with ISO 7 and ISO 8 clean rooms following ICH Q7 principles.
- Halal and Kosher certified manufacturing process.
- Extensive product characterization and documentation
Provinase™ is a recombinant endonuclease enzyme that hydrolyzes double-stranded and single-stranded DNA and RNA with high specificity. Provinase™ is effective over wide operating conditions of pH, buffering conditions, and media components employed in biotechnology processes.
|Molecular weight||30 kDa|
|Optimum pH||8.0 - 9.0|
|Country of origin||India|
Provinase™ is formulated in endotoxin-free stabilizing glycerol solution with the following specification: 50% glycerol, 20 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.2, 20 mM NaCl, and 2 mM MgCl2. Each batch is tested and released as per specifications to achieve consistent product quality.
|Purity by SDS-PAGE||≥ 99%|
|Specific endonuclease activity||> 250 U/μl|
|Proteolytic activity||No protease activity detectable|
|Endotoxin level||< 0.25 EU/1 KU|
|Microbial count TAMC||< 5 CFU/ml|
|Microbial count TYMC||< 5 CFU/ml|
Provinase™ is stable at a long term storage temperature of -20°C. It is not recommended to store Provinase™ below -25°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles beyond 4 times and store away from light for optimal performance.
This product is intended for laboratory research and biomanufacturing use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. This product may not be used as a pharmaceutical or veterinary drug, agricultural product, or food additive.
Non-specific nuclease, GMP-grade nuclease, nucA, nuc, endonuclease, EC:22.214.171.124.
Compare to Benzonase® Nuclease. Benzonase is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA Corp.
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Provis Biolabs pvt Ltd.