Gelacell™ is a unique, 3D microfibrous scaffold specifically engineered for advanced in vitro 3D cell culture and tissue engineering applications. Designed as a non-woven, highly porous scaffold, Gelacell™ offers exceptional biocompatibility and non-toxicity across a variety of cell types.
This product is a 10 cm × 10 cm scaffold sheet with aligned fibers made from pharmaceutical grade poly-L-lactide (PLLA) that offers a 3D structure allowing cells to grow in a more physiologically relevant manner, promoting cell-cell interactions, tissue-like organization, and cell polarization, which are challenging to achieve in traditional 2D cell culture. The sheet can be used in its presented format or can be cut into desired shape and sizes depending on the user's experimental needs and setups. The scaffold is tailored for the cultivation of complex systems like cell microenvironments, tissue regeneration, and organoids, Gelacell™ also makes a robust platform for drug screening and other cell culture investigations. The optimized design of the scaffold ensures thermal, chemical, and mechanical stability, while also providing substantial swelling capabilities and porosity, allowing efficient nutrient diffusion and thereby preventing cellular waste build up.
- Aligned fiber orientation
- 3D architecture with a substantial available surface area.
- Minimal modifications required for transitioning from 2D to 3D culture.
- Stable mechanical properties.
- 10 cm × 10 cm scaffold can be cut into desired shape and sizes.
- Flexibility of scaffolds facilitates easy handleability.
- Porous structure promotes cell migration and efficient diffusion of nutrients, solutes, and gases.
- Compatibility with a variety of cell lines and culture conditions.
- Polymeric scaffolds: biocompatibility, diversity, and widely accepted in cellular applications.
- Sterilized by Gamma irradiation and remains sterile until the pack is opened.
- Storage at room temperature.
|Polymer||Poly-L-lactide (PLLA), also known as Poly-L-lactic acid, pharmaceutical grade|
|Format||10x10 cm sheet|
|Appearance (swelled in water/PBS)||White (translucent)|
|Thickness||120 μm - 190 μm|
|Area Density||2.0 – 8.0 g/m^2|
|Porosity||94% - 99%|
|% Elongation||8% - 20%|
|Elastic Modulus||1500 – 2700 kPa|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||160 – 280 kPa|
|Country of Origin||Estonia|
Storage & Stability
Sterility and performance properties are maintained when stored at room temperature, with a shelf life of two years from the date of manufacture.
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Gelatex Technologies' Gelacell™ products.