Quantify both endogenous active MMP-7 and total MMP-7
The QuickZyme Human MMP-7 Activity Assay enables you to specifically measure in biological samples both active human MMP-7, as well as pro-MMP-7, which is activated on the plate by APMA. It can be used for the quantification of MMP-7 activity in various biological samples, such as conditioned culture media, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and urine.
This 96-well plate format assay is based on the QuickZyme technology, using a modified pro-enzyme as a substrate, which upon activation is able to release color from a chromogenic peptide substrate. This multiplication step provides a unique assay sensitivity.
- Measures both endogenous active MMP-7 (naturally occurring) and total active MMP-7 (following activation with APMA).
- Samples: conditioned culture medium, serum, urine and tissue homogenates.
- Range: 0.004 – 16 ng/ml.
- Sensitivity: 30 pg/ml for 3 h incubation with detection reagent; 4 pg/ml for 25 h incubation with detection reagent.
- Ease-of-use: Equivalent to ELISA.
Enzyme activity immunoassay
- conditioned culture medium, serum, urine and tissue homogenates
- 0.03 ng/ml (3 hr incubation)
- 0.009 ng/ml (6 hr incubation)
- 0.004 ng/ml (25 hr incubation)
Typical data with 3 hours incubation. The shown data curve is provided for demonstration only.
Unopened kit: Store at -20°C, except for the standard, this vial should be stored at -70°C. Do not use kit, or individual kit components past kit expiration date.
Opened kit / reconstituted reagents: Please refer to kit manual.
Matrix metalloproteinase-7, MMP7, Matrilysin, Matrilysin-1, Matrin, Pump-1 protease, Uterine metalloproteinase
- Mossa, Abubakr H et al. “Imbalance of nerve growth factor metabolism in aging women with overactive bladder syndrome.” World journal of urology vol. 39,6 (2021): 2055-2063. doi:10.1007/s00345-020-03422-6
- Ancona, Silvia et al. “Differential Modulation of Matrix Metalloproteinases-2 and -7 in LAM/TSC Cells.” Biomedicines vol. 9,12 1760. 24 Nov. 2021, doi:10.3390/biomedicines9121760
- Wu, Wen-Chi et al. “Do different bariatric surgical procedures influence plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2, -7, and -9 among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus?.” World journal of diabetes vol. 11,6 (2020): 252-260. doi:10.4239/wjd.v11.i6.252
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of QuickZyme Biosciences.