Quantify both endogenous active MMP-8 and total MMP-8
The QuickZyme Human MMP-8 Activity Assay enables you to specifically measure in biological samples both active human MMP-8, as well as (pro)MMP-8 which is activated on the plate by APMA. It can be used for the measurement of MMP-8 activity in various biological samples, such as conditioned culture media, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and urine.
This 96-well plate format assay is based on the QuickZyme technology, using a modified pro-enzyme as a substrate, which upon activation is able to release color from a chromogenic peptide substrate. This multiplication step provides a unique assay sensitivity.
- Measures both endogenous active MMP-8 (naturally occurring) and total active MMP-8 (following activation with APMA).
- Samples: cell culture conditioned medium, serum, plasma, urine, saliva and tissue homogenates.
- Range: 10 – 24000 pg/ml.
- Sensitivity: 100 pg/ml for 2 h incubation with detection reagent; 24 pg/ml for 6 h incubation with detection reagent; 4 pg/ml for 24 h incubation with detection reagent.
- Ease-of-use: Equivalent to ELISA.
- Marker for neutrophils (PMN)
Enzyme activity immunoassay
- cell culture conditioned medium, serum, plasma, urine, saliva, tissue homogenates
- 100 pg/ml (2 hr incubation)
- 24 pg/ml (6 hr incubation)
- 4 pg/ml (24 hr incubation)
Typical data with 2 hours incubation. The shown data curve is provided for demonstration only.
Unopened kit: Store at -20°C, except for the standard, this vial should be stored at -70°C. Do not use kit, or individual kit components past kit expiration date.
Opened kit / reconstituted reagents: Please refer to kit manual.
Matrix metalloproteinase-8, MMP8, Neutrophil collagenase, PMNL collagenase, PMNL-CL
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of QuickZyme Biosciences.