Quantify both endogenous active MMP-9 and total MMP-9
The QuickZyme Human MMP-9 Activity Assay enables you to specifically measure in biological samples both active human MMP-9, as well as (pro)MMP-9 which is activated on the plate by APMA. It can be used for the measurement of MMP-9 activity in various biological samples, such as conditioned culture media, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and urine.
This 96-well plate format assay is based on the QuickZyme technology, using a modified pro-enzyme as a substrate, which upon activation is able to release color from a chromogenic peptide substrate. This multiplication step provides a unique assay sensitivity.
- Measures both endogenous active MMP-9 (naturally occurring) and total active MMP-9 (following activation with APMA).
- Samples: conditioned cell culture medium, serum, plasma, urine, synovial fluid and tissue homogenates.
- Range: 0.5 to 16 ng/ml (1 h incubation with detection reagent), 0.01-1 ng/ml (4 h incubation with detection reagent).
- Sensitivity: 0.005 ng/ml.
- Ease-of-use: Equivalent to ELISA.
Enzyme activity immunoassay
- conditioned cell culture medium, serum, plasma, urine, synovial fluid, tissue homogenates
- 0.1 ng/ml (1 hr incubation)
- 0.005 ng/ml (4 hr incubation)
Typical data with 4 hours incubation. The shown data curve is provided for demonstration only.
Unopened kit: Store at -20°C, except for the standard, this vial should be stored at -70°C. Do not use kit, or individual kit components past kit expiration date.
Opened kit / reconstituted reagents: Please refer to kit manual.
Matrix metalloproteinase-9, MMP9, 92 kDa gelatinase, 92 kDa type IV collagenase, Gelatinase B, GELB
- Lauwen, Susette et al. “Increased pro-MMP9 plasma levels are associated with neovascular age-related macular degeneration and with the risk allele of rs142450006 near MMP9.” Molecular vision vol. 27 142-150. 2 Apr. 2021
- Rodríguez-Sánchez, Elena et al. “Prediction of the early response to spironolactone in resistant hypertension by the combination of matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity and arterial stiffness parameters.” European heart journal. Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy vol. 8,1 (2022): 68-76. doi:10.1093/ehjcvp/pvaa086
- Mori, Kazunori et al. “A mitochondrial ROS pathway controls matrix metalloproteinase 9 levels and invasive properties in RAS-activated cancer cells.” The FEBS journal vol. 286,3 (2019): 459-478. doi:10.1111/febs.14671
- Mossa, Abubakr H et al. “Imbalance of nerve growth factor metabolism in aging women with overactive bladder syndrome.” World journal of urology vol. 39,6 (2021): 2055-2063. doi:10.1007/s00345-020-03422-6
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of QuickZyme Biosciences.