The QuickZyme Mouse MMP-9 Activity Assay enables you to specifically measure in biological samples both active mouse MMP-9, as well as (pro)MMP-9 which is activated on the plate by APMA. It can be used for the measurement of MMP-9 activity in various biological samples, such as conditioned culture media, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and urine.
This 96-well plate format assay is based on the QuickZyme technology, using a modified pro-enzyme as a substrate, which upon activation is able to release color from a chromogenic peptide substrate. This multiplication step provides a unique assay sensitivity.
- Measures endogenous active MMP-9 (naturally occurring) or total active MMP-9 (following activation with APMA).
- Samples: cell culture conditioned medium, serum, plasma, urine and tissue homogenates.
- Range: 4 – 4000 pg/ml.
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml for 1 h incubation with detection reagent; 1 pg/ml for 6 h incubation with detection reagent.
- Ease-of-use: Equivalent to ELISA.
Enzyme activity immunoassay
- cell culture conditioned medium, serum, plasma, urine, tissue homogenates
- 20 pg/ml (1 hr incubation)
- 1 pg/ml (6 hr incubation)
The QuickZyme Mouse MMP-9 Activity Assay is a quantitative replacement for qualitative zymography.
Unopened kit: Store at -20°C, except for the standard, this vial should be stored at -70°C. Do not use kit, or individual kit components past kit expiration date.
Opened kit / reconstituted reagents: Please refer to kit manual.
Matrix metalloproteinase-9, MMP9, 92 kDa gelatinase, 92 kDa type IV collagenase, Gelatinase B, GELB
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of QuickZyme Biosciences.