The QuickZyme Soluble Collagen Assay kit is a quantitative, dye-binding method for the measurement of all types of fibrillar collagen, in a fast and simple 96-well plate format.
Colormetric Assay (Sirius Red Collagen Assay)
The QuickZyme Soluble Collagen Assay is based on binding of Sirius Red dye to collagen. Following binding of the dye, the collagen-dye complex precipitates, resulting in a colored pellet. This color can be released in an alkaline solution and then read with a microplate reader.
|Type of Collagen Measured||Measures all types of fibrillar collagen, species independent. Measures soluble or solubilized collagens.|
|Assay Range||0.5 - 10 μg/ml|
|Sample Volume||0 -140 μl|
|< 3 hours|
Collagen is one of the main components of extracellular matrix. Dysregulation in collagen production results in pathologies such as fibrosis (too much collagen), or osteoarthritis (too little collagen). Therefore quantitative measurement of collagen production is important in many disease related studies.
The QuickZyme Soluble Collagen Assay measures various types of fibrillar collagen. The most abundant collagen types are collagen type I (skin, bone, vessels, connective tissue), type II (cartilage) and type III (skin, bone, connective tissue).
This assay is specific for collagen. After heating at 50°C the signal is lost, since the assay does not recognize denatured collagen (gelatin). The assay can be used to analyze soluble collagen or collagen that is solubilized by acetic acid alone or in combination with pepsin. The assay is intended for collagen analysis in conditioned cell culture media and cellular extracts. The assay is not affected by serum up to at least 10%.
Typical collagen standard curve in the range of 0.5 – 10 μg collagen/well (3.5 - 70 μg/ml; blank value 0.070).
- Store at 4°C. Do not use kit components past kit expiration date.
Opened kit / reconstituted reagents:
- Collagen standard dissolved in 20 mM HAc: store at 4°C up to 1 month
- Dye solution: store at 4°C up to 1 month
- Dilution buffer: store at -20°C up to 6 months
- Wash buffer: store at -20°C up to 6 months
- Detection solution: store either at 4°C or room temperature up to 1 month
- Product Datasheet (PDS)
- Application note 1: How to choose your collagen assay?
- Application note 2: How to measure collagen in mouse tissues?
- Application note 3: Collagen per protein analysis in fresh, frozen and formalin-fixed tissues
Want to learn more about collagen? We have compiled the links below that contain information which you may find interesting:
- The Collagen Family
- Collagen In Wound Healing
- Collagen Assembly at the Cell Surface: Dogmas Revisited
- Natural Biomaterials and Their Use as Bioinks for Printing Tissues
- Additive Biomanufacturing with Collagen Inks
- Collagen Mimetic Peptides
- The role of collagen in cancer: from bench to bedside
- Collagen of Extracellular Matrix from Marine Invertebrates and Its Medical Applications
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an official distributor of QuickZyme Biosciences.