Lyophilized, highly purified Type I Telocollagen (Cat. No. PRO-2002) is isolated via acid-based extraction that maintains the fibrillar structure of the native protein and preserves the superior physical and mechanical properties of the collagen found in tissues (such as the high tensile strength). PRO-2002 is extracted from porcine tendon tissue sourced from strictly controlled herds, complying with all EU regulations.
Extracted telocollagen is biocompatible and biodegradable and thus suitable for a wide range of research applications. PRO-2002 is ideal for:
- In vitro cell cultures
- Coating for cell cultureware surfaces (dishes, plates, etc.)
- 3D cell cultures (high stiffness scaffolds)
- Tissue engineering applications
|Manufacturer||Promed Bioscience Ltd.|
|CAS Registry No.||9007-34-5|
||> 95% (by SDS/Western blotting)|
Country of Animal Origin
|Amino Acid Analysis||Typical/characteristic profile|
|Electrophoretic Pattern||Characteristic pattern|
|Sterility/Microbiological testing||Pass (0 cfu/g)|
|Heavy Metals Analysis||< 1 ppm|
|Sterilization Method||Produced under strict aseptic conditions|
|Cell Attachment Assay||Pass|
|Cell Toxicity Assay||Pass|
- PRO-2002 may be reconstituted to a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 mg/ml when used as a coating agent and as chemoattractant.
- For the production of collagen gels, a concentration of 3 mg/ml may be used (fast gelation assays - cells will be trapped throughout gel matrix).
- To reconstitute, add 0.1M acetic acid or 0.01M HCl to the vial and let it stand (no stirring) until lyophilized telocollagen dissolves completely. Keep temperature low (2 - 8°C) while processing to prevent gel formation.
Product ships at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below:
- Long term: storage of lyophilized product at -20°C is recommended, with a storage life of 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
- Short term: storage of reconstituted product at 2-8°C is recommended, for up to 6 months from the date of reconstitution.
This product is intended for Laboratory Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. This product may not be used as a pharmaceutical or veterinary drug, agricultural product, cosmetic, supplement, or food additive.
Type 1 Collagen, Type I Collagen, Collagen-1
Atelocollagen, Porcine Type I, Enzymatic Extraction, Lyophilized
- Atelocollagen Ultrapure, Porcine Type I, Enzymatic Extraction, Dialyzed, Lyophilized
- Attachment Factors
Assays for Collagen Analysis
- 3-D Life Biomimetic Hydrogels
- Ossiform P3D Scaffolds: bone-like 3D cell culture systems
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Promed Biosciences Ltd products.