Using animal derived coatings limits the impact of your research on human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC) and impedes the reproducibility of your results. It’s tedious to always freshly coat your plates. You’ve tried a few alternatives which are animal-free, however cell performance suffers, and you end up returning to your previous ‘gold standard’. Ideally, you want the reliability of more defined coatings, while maintaining the performance of your cell culture, without the hassle of pre-coating.
Xeno-free and chemically defined pluripotent stem cell culture with myMATRIX iPSC.
myMATRIX iPSC – denovoMATRIX provides a chemically defined cell adhesion-promoting microenvironment offered as pre-coated cultureware, specially formulated for expansion of induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC).
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Animal component-free product
- Typical iPSC morphology and robust proliferation
- High and consistent expression of stemness markers
- Preservation of pluripotency and genetic stability
RECAPITULATE KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE CELLULAR MICROENVIRONMENT
myMATRIX coatings are manufactured without any animal or human components and are ready-to-use. Human induced pluripotent stem cells have a stable karyotype, high expression of stemness genes and are pluripotent after long-term culture on myMATRIX iPSC. The coating combines biologically relevant synthetic peptides with sulfated glycosaminoglycan (GAG) analogs to recreate the functional aspects of the cellular microenvironment.
Maintaining pluripotency and genetic stability
Consistent and high expression of stemness markers
- Surface-antigen expression patterns of iPSCs cultured on myMATRIX iPSC show high expression of pluripotency markers as analyzed by Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS).
- iPSCs on myMATRIX show high expression of a series of iPSC-specific genes such as OCT4, Nanog, Sox2, FGF2 and Lin28 throughout the culture estimated by quantitative RT-PCR (see white paper).
Preservation of genetic stability
- iPSCs cultured on myMATRIX iPSC are genetically stable.
- Normal, healthy karyotypes after long-term culture of 20 passages.
Preservation of differentiation capacity
- iPSCs on myMATRIX maintain their differentiation potential and therefore, form all three germ layers after long-term culture.
- Cells were differentiated after 20 passages in culture.
- Differentiated cells (DAPI, blue) and germ layer-specific marker expression were visualized by immunostaining: Mesoderm – Brachyury (green), CXCR4 (red) Endoderm – GATA6 (green), Sox17 (red) Endoderm – Nestin (green), Pax6 (red).
- myMATRIX iPSC Product Info Sheet
myMATRIX iPSC User Guide and Protocols
- White Paper: myMATRIX iPSC – Xeno-free and chemically defined surface for high-quality pluripotent stem cell culture
- myMATRIX iPSC Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- beadMATRIX+: precoated microcarriers for iPSCs culture
- Serum-free cell culture media
- Serum Replacements: easily replace FBS in your cell cultures!
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of denovoMATRIX myMATRIX iPSC.