3-D Life FG-Dextran is a component of the 3-D Life Hydrogel system. It contains maleimide-functionalized dextran (Mal-Dextran) that can be used together with PEG-Link (Cat. No. L50-1 or L50-3) or CD-Link (Cat. No. L60-1 or L60-3) to set up fast gelling, cell-compatible hydrogels.
Dextran-based 3-D Life hydrogels can be dissolved by the addition of dextranase (3-D Life Dextranase, Cat. No. D10-1), which allows the recovery of chemically fixed or live cells for post-culture analyses (e.g. RT-PCR) or for further cultivation.
10 x CB (pH 5.5) is a buffer to control pH and osmotic conditions during gel formation in the presence of cells.
For instructions, please consult the General Protocol GP-1 "Preparation of 3-D Life Fast Gelling Hydrogels" and the 3-D Life Hydrogels User Guide, which may be downloaded below.
3-D cell cultures; embedment and immobilization of cells or tissues and subsequent recovery of specimens by hydrogel dissolution.
Allows formation of up to 6 ml 3-D Life Hydrogel depending on the stiffness of the gel, if used together with thiol-functionalized polymers (3-D Life PEG-Link or CD-Link).
|Material||Quantity||Concentration of reactive groups|
||3 x 170 µl*||30 mmol/L||MSDS|
|10x CB Buffer (pH 5.5)||600 µl||n.a.||MSDS|
|Water||4 x 1500 µl||n.a.||MSDS|
|*Volume after reconstitution of lyophilisate.|
- Product Datasheet: 3-D Life FG-Dextran Component
- Protocol: Preparation of 3-D Life Fast (FG) Gelling Hydrogels
- Protocol: Degradation of dextran-based hydrogels with dextranase
- 3-D Life Hydrogel User Guide
- 3-D Life Biomimetic Hydrogels Page
- Application Note: Epithelial Cyst Formation in 3-D Life Hydrogels
- Application Protocol: MDCK Cyst Formation in 3-D Life Hydrogels
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of Cellendes GmbH.