Mesenpan Special Medium is a xeno-free, serum-free medium that was developed especially for proliferation of human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSC) without cell differentiation. It allows a long time culture from hMSC while preserving the differentiation potential in different cell types (multi-lineage potential). To reach a differentiation of the expanded hMSC into different lines, the suitable differentiation factors and protocols should be used.
Mesenpan Special Medium Kit for hMSC without FBS (Cat. No. P08-50400K):
|Liquid / Powder:||liquid|
|Product Category:||Serum-Free Media|
|Size:||500 ml kit|
The Mesenpan Kit (Cat. No. P08-50400K) consists of:
- 500 ml Mesenpan Basal Medium
- 5 ml Mesenpan Growth Supplement.
Mesenpan contains salts, amino acids, trace elements, hormones and growth factors in an optimized formulation.
Xeno-free, serum-free cultivation and expansion of human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSC) while maintaining their undifferentiated state and multi-lineage potential.
Please note: For research use only, not for therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Mesenpan is a xeno-free, serum-free complete medium which can be supplemented with 2 % FBS or hPL if necessary. Because of the defined composition of the Basal Medium and the Growth Supplement, stable experimental conditions with a high reproducibility of results are achieved without tedious batch-to-batch testing. The addition of suitable reagents after successful expansion allows a differentiation of the MSC in the desired cell type (e.g., bone, cartilage, muscular tissue).
Storage conditions & stability
- Mesenpan Basal Medium (P08-50400B): store in the dark at 2-8° C.
- Mesenpan Growth Supplement (P08-5040S1): store in the dark at -20° C.
Mesenpan Basal Medium and Mesenpan Growth Supplement are guaranteed stable for 12 months when stored properly. Mesenpan complete medium (Basal Medium + Growth Supplement) is stable for at least 3 months when stored in the dark at 2-8 °C.
- Dzhanaev, Robert et al. “Application of the mineral-binding protein fetuin-A for the detection of calcified lesions.” Theranostics vol. 13,2 659-672. 1 Jan. 2023, doi:10.7150/thno.78773
- Thiebes, Anja Lena et al. “Effervescent Atomizer as Novel Cell Spray Technology to Decrease the Gas-to-Liquid Ratio.” Pharmaceutics vol. 14,11 2421. 9 Nov. 2022, doi:10.3390/pharmaceutics14112421
- Köpf, Marius et al. “Bioprinting-Associated Shear Stress and Hydrostatic Pressure Affect the Angiogenic Potential of Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells.” International journal of bioprinting vol. 8,4 606. 18 Aug. 2022, doi:10.18063/ijb.v8i4.606
- Luengen, Anja E et al. “Bone Marrow Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Promote Vascularization and Ciliation in Airway Mucosa Tri-Culture Models in Vitro.” Frontiers in bioengineering and biotechnology vol. 10 872275. 17 Jun. 2022, doi:10.3389/fbioe.2022.872275
- Jatho, Aline et al. “The HIFα-Stabilizing Drug Roxadustat Increases the Number of Renal Epo-Producing Sca-1+ Cells.” Cells vol. 11,4 753. 21 Feb. 2022, doi:10.3390/cells11040753
- Kniebs, Caroline et al. “Establishment of a Pre-vascularized 3D Lung Cancer Model in Fibrin Gel-Influence of Hypoxia and Cancer-Specific Therapeutics.” Frontiers in bioengineering and biotechnology vol. 9 761846. 14 Oct. 2021, doi:10.3389/fbioe.2021.761846
- Tsanaktsidou, Evgenia et al. “Biomimetic Cell-Laden MeHA Hydrogels for the Regeneration of Cartilage Tissue.” Polymers vol. 12,7 1598. 18 Jul. 2020, doi:10.3390/polym12071598
- Kniebs, Caroline et al. “Influence of Different Cell Types and Sources on Pre-Vascularisation in Fibrin and Agarose-Collagen Gels.” Organogenesis vol. 16,1 (2020): 14-26. doi:10.1080/15476278.2019.1697597
- Duarte Campos, Daniela F et al. “Exploring Cancer Cell Behavior In Vitro in Three-Dimensional Multicellular Bioprintable Collagen-Based Hydrogels.” Cancers vol. 11,2 180. 5 Feb. 2019, doi:10.3390/cancers11020180
- Ventura Ferreira, Mónica S et al. “Comprehensive characterization of chorionic villi-derived mesenchymal stromal cells from human placenta.” Stem cell research & therapy vol. 9,1 28. 5 Feb. 2018, doi:10.1186/s13287-017-0757-1
- isoMATRIX: precoated cultureware for MSCs isolation
- myMATRIX MSC: precoated cultureware for MSCs expansion
- beadMATRIX: precoated microcarriers for MSCs 3D culture
- PowerStem MSC1: xeno-free, serum-free medium for hMSC
Ilex Life Sciences LLC is an authorized distributor of PAN-Biotech products.